Mali has specialised in employment law over 20 years working for some of the top solicitor firms in London and outside London. Mali came to the legal profession from marketing & commercial background where she acquired excellent communication skills and ability to relate to people from all walks of life. Through her commercial experience, having different companies as clients she learned to communicate with employees and employers from all levels sizes and developed insight into office politics.
Mali was called to the Bar in 1999 and became a solicitor in 2008 and from the outset of her legal career Mali specialised in Employment law advising employers and employees on complex issues in Employment law. Mali advised and represented small and large business as well as employees on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, including but not limited to:
- Complex service agreements/contracts;
- Employment policies;
- Employment tribunal claims – complex unfair dismissal, discrimination, maternity, TUPE and whistleblowing claims
- Redundancy and restructuring advice, outsourcing and TUPE
- Performance management, disciplinary and grievances issues
- Difficult terminations- settlement agreements
- General day to day support including ill health issues, crisis management
Mali also advised and represented employees and senior executives in respect of:
- Service agreements/contracts
- Negotiation of termination packages
- Employment tribunal claims – unfair dismissal, discrimination, maternity, whistleblowing, TUPE
disciplinary issues, performance management and grievances
- Post termination restrictions/confidentiality breaches including High Court actions and injunctions
- Advised a construction business in respect of a restructure and redundancies which included a removal of a team from a particular site. The restructure process was successfully completed and the right people were removed saving the company time and money;
- Advised employees on disability discrimination and assisted them in securing a large sum in compensation.
- Advised a coffee business on whistle blowing claim and reached an amicable agreement saving the company time and money;
- Advised schools and care homes on performance, grievances and disciplinary procedures and provided them with up-to-date Employees Handbook and Policies;
- Advised senior executives on restrictive covenants enabling them to accept their new job offer.