Mali has specialised in employment law over a 20 year period and has worked for many years in Central London based solicitor firms.
Mali was called to the Bar in 1999 and became a solicitor in 2008.
Mali came to the legal profession from a marketing and commercial background where she acquired excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to people from all walks of life.
This commercial experience allows Mali to deal easily with both Employee and Employer clients and Mali also provides good insight into office politics on both sides of the table (i.e. from the Employer and Employee perspective).
Mali has a wealth of experience in advising various sized companies, general Employers and Employees (both individual and groups of employees) on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, including but not limited to:
· Complex service agreements/contracts;
· Employment policies;
· Employment tribunal claims – complex unfair dismissal, discrimination, maternity, TUPE and whistleblowing claims
· Redundancy and restructuring advice, outsourcing and TUPE
· Performance management, disciplinary and grievances issues
· Difficult terminations- settlement agreements
· General day to day support including ill health issues, crisis management
Mali also advised and represented employees and senior executives in respect of:
· Service agreements/contracts
· Negotiation of termination packages
· Employment tribunal claims – unfair dismissal, discrimination, maternity, whistleblowing, TUPE
· Disciplinary issues, performance management and grievances
· Post termination restrictions/confidentiality breaches including High Court actions and injunctions
· Advised a construction business in respect of a restructure and redundancies which included a removal of a team from a particular site. The restructure process was successfully completed and the right people were removed saving the company time and money;
· Advised employees on disability discrimination and assisted them in securing a large sum in compensation.
· Advised a coffee business on whistle blowing claim and reached an amicable agreement saving the company time and money;
· Advised schools and care homes on performance, grievances and disciplinary procedures and provided them with up-to-date Employees Handbook and Policies;
· Advised senior executives on restrictive covenants enabling them to accept their new job offer.