According to Appendix: Hong Kong British National (Overseas), two new categories will be introduced for persons holding BN(O) status wishing to gain entry clearance or settlement in the UK.
The two main categories are as follows:
- BN(O) Status Holder Route
This route is available for the following applicants:
- BN(O) citizens who are ordinarily resident in Hong Kong or the UK
- Dependent partner or dependent children (or grandchildren) of a BN(O) citizen
- In exceptional circumstances, other family members with a high degree of dependency
- BN(O) Household Member Route
This route is for the adult child, born on or after 1st July 1997, of a BN(O) citizen.
The BN(O) Household Member, and any dependent partner or child of a Household Member, must:
- Be ordinarily resident in Hong Kong or the UK, and
- Form part of the same household as the BN(O) citizen
Applications in either category can be made for either a period of 30 months OR 5 years.
These new avenues will open from 31st January 2021.
With cheaper Home Office fees for these applications, individuals are encouraged to take advantage of this new system for themselves and their families.
Speak to our immigration specialists for further information:
Call 01474 324 529 or email [email protected], we will be happy to answer your queries.