From 1st January 2021, the Immigration system, as we know it, will be changed. The Government plans to overhaul the current Rules with the aim of boosting the UK economy.
The focus is greatly on attracting skilled workers, global talent and innovators who could enhance the UK economy. Changes have been made to almost all entry routes.
The main condition appears to be that they must be able to speak English at level B1
The Cap on number of applicants will be Suspend and as such there will be no limit on the number of skilled workers who can come to the UK
The Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) will be abolished
The applicant must be able to speak English at level B2 unless they are coming to study in UK Schools at pre graduate level
The main routes will be as follows:-
- Skilled Workers – Tier 2 Visas
- Students (Adults & Children)
- Start-Up and Innovator
- Short-Term Study to Learn English Language
- Intra-Company Transfers (ICT)
- Intra-Company Graduate Trainees (ICGT)
- Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) – Only available to people from participating countries
- with an opportunity to experience life in the UK to live and work for 2 years.
- Sports Person
- Creative Person
- Ministers of Religion & Religious Workers
- Government Authorised Exchange (GAE)
- International Agreement
- UK Ancestry
So far, the Home Office has only published vague details of the new proposals. We will be avidly monitoring the situation and providing updates in due course.
Our Immigration team is committed to ensure your matter is dealt with smoothly and accurately.